Friday, October 17, 2008

Open Source Information

Since I joined OCLS technology has changed the way I provide or get information. Providing that we have such great databases to provide services to our patrons. Working in the Library there is never a day that I leave without gaining more knowledge of information that’s out there. I see us in the future providing more reference service to patrons via chat/email/phones. There are many online sources out there that provides you with answers to your questions in seconds. I see internal reference services diminishing as far as walk in patrons these days everyone has computers and can access most information online without utilizing print sources. Many of our databases offers citation which makes it easier for kids doing reports.

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

Hey Blogger!

I think you nailed it! As the amount of information and info services on the interent increase, and walk in reference decrease, how can we stay relevant to the community? That is the million dollar question!

Tom